ACER V5-473P doesn´t power on

albesandoval65
albesandoval65 Member Posts: 3 New User

My laptop twice had the same error. I bought my laptop at Febraury 2015 but in November 2015 the laptops didn´t power on. I contact to support area of ACER and they reviewed my laptop changing the motherboard. In this case 9 month i can use the laptop.

The second time happened at final of March 2016 with the same problem the laptop didn´t power on again, just 4 motnhs again. Obviously the garantee time has finished and they don´t want to fix my laptop.

And I am asking to the forum whether anyone has had the same problem with this model of Acer taking about the Laptop doesn´t power on. Somebody has epxerimented this problem and what is the experience to resolve the problem?

Really i am so disapointed with my laptop ACER.

Best Regards.

Alberto Sandoval.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

What does it do when you push the power button?

• albesandoval65

It doesn´t work, it´s die complety.

• philetus

If it does nothing, no lights  or anything, check your power supply. You can check it with a multimeter or have someone do it. On the plug that goes into the computer, touch black lead to outside of plug and red lead to pin inside of plug, on DC volts.

• albesandoval65

The power supply is working well, None light and any component on the laptop is working when i pushed the power on buttom. Seems like the motherboard or the power source has been damaged.

• philetus

It could be the power jack on the motherboard. It could have a bad or cracked solder joint or it could be the motherboard is fried.