ACER V15 NITRO, CPU running too hot.

Options
joaogfreitasm
joaogfreitasm Member Posts: 9 New User
edited October 2023 in 2019 Archives

Hello, I have an Aspire V15 Nitro with less than 6 months. The thing is that my CPU which is a i7-4710HQ is reaching almost 100°C ( 97°C just yesterday while gaming ) even with the CPU being "undervolted" by "-60mV" using the official INTEL utility "Intel Extreme Tuning Utility". I'm pretty sure that this is not normal, since the maximum temperature allowed for the CPU is 100°C, is it a known problem with all the V Nitros out there?

Answers

• Clyde
    Clyde Member, Knowledge Author Posts: 420 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options
  • joaogfreitasm
    joaogfreitasm Member Posts: 9 New User
    Options

Hello Clyde, thanks for the response. I don't have that option, I already tried to reinstall "Acer Quick Access" but all I can do is turn ON/OFF Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.

• Zounge
    Zounge Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options

Do you, by chance, use an external monitor?

The V15 has a strange bug which completely messes up CPU and Fan functionality. Took me months to figure out, boot your laptop without the external monitor plugged in. 

My thread about the issue.

• totti69
    totti69 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

just turning your maximum processor used to 99% and you good to go.

• Someone777777
    Someone777777 Member Posts: 20 Networker
    Options
    Have the exact same problem. I usually play Fallout 4 for like 10 minutes before my computer completely freezes and either I have to wait or completely restart my computer and wait for the CPU to cool down on its own. Cool boost is just noise pollution for me, it doesn't help in this situation at all.
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Options
    Have the exact same problem. I usually play Fallout 4 for like 10 minutes before my computer completely freezes and either I have to wait or completely restart my computer and wait for the CPU to cool down on its own. Cool boost is just noise pollution for me, it doesn't help in this situation at all.
    Please start a new thread and post your model number

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★