A2DP bluetooth connection Acer Aspire V5 573G

Options
Abernessia
Abernessia Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello everyone! I hope someone can help me with my issue. If I have overseen an already existing topic just post the link, I couldnt find anything helpfull so far Smiley Happy

I purchased an A2DP bluetooth headset on Amazon which works amazing with my Android phone and I was really happy Smiley Very Happy

Unfortunatly I was disappointed afterwards as I tried to connect it to my V5 573G. My built in Atheros bluetooth could find the headset immediatly. Pairing was no problem. After Pairing a window opened which gave me the option to connect the headset. But the connect button does nothing :/ And my headset was always shown as "not connected" in the devices list. Also no signal is shown in the connection window.

After reading through several forums I found out that the Windows 8.1 Atheros driver might not support A2DP. I updated the driver with windows update, deleted it again but nothing worked :/

Where can I get a driver for windows 8.1 that supports A2DP? If you need any more information to solve this, I am obviously happy to give more information!

Thanks in Advance,

Abernessia

bluetooth.JPG

Answers

• Clyde
    Clyde Member, Knowledge Author Posts: 420 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

I've heard of others having problems with 8.1, but don't know if they ever got a fix. Seems like a possible driver issue as you stated. Have you tried to contact whoever made the headset to see if they know how to get it to work on 8.1?

• Abernessia
    Options

Hello Clyde, thanks for answering!

It is a generic cheap bluetooth headset so I am not expecting any support. But since the headset uses the standard A2DP protocol there shouldnt be any requirement of an additional driver. No driver came with the headset. It should ususally plug and play. In youtube videos I have seen how other people just press the connect button and everything runs. This doesnt seem to work with my Atheros BT chip. My friend's A2DP headset also doesn't work with my Laptop.

I just wish I could find a driver for the Atheros which supports this protocol Smiley Sad

• MATT9999
    MATT9999 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

I think i am having the same problem here trying to connect a sony GTK-X1BT sound system. I even hired a computer technition to try and sort it out for me today but he had no luck he's coming back tomorow will let you know if we find a solution, quite a fustrating issue :/

• MATT9999
    Options

Ive solved my issue with the help of a tech expert, try connencting the headphones to another make of laptop to check its not a headphone issue. Otherwise all you need to do is update your bluetooth drivers to ones that support A2DP profile, theres a lot of rubbish drivers out there apperntly and im not a expert so cant reccomend one, but my tech guy said its only about a 25 dollar job to udate them and i believe he got them from ACER somwhere. I also found out my V5 series aspire doesnt match up to a particular modle specifacation wise, its a bits and pieces modle apparently wich isnt uncommon 

• Abernessia
    Options

Thank you very much Matt

Can you do me a massive favour and check your device manager for the version number of the driver which works now, so I dont need to try every single driver. MAybe you even have a link to the driver?

Thank you a lot for helping me!

• MATT9999
    Options

Yeah sure,

As i mention before im not an expert but i checked my recents and this is what i downloaded. Bluetooth_Atheros_V8.0.1.314_W81x64W8x64_A

The only other thing i can tell you is the guy that helped me, I think found a few of these drivers suplied by different site's but he said he wanted to find one supplied by acer, wether he did or not im not sure but i think so. He also seemed to think that my comptuer model ASPIRE V5 571 Actually shared some specifications of that modle but some specifications of one of the others wich made it a little bit difficult to select a driver. Was serously happy when it actually worked! Thats about all i can tell you. hopfully that down load works for you aswell GOODLUCK!