100% disk usage and weird cpu load help!!!

Options
hulen15
hulen15 Member Posts: 18 New User

hello, i have acer aspire nitro v17 black edition, i'm having 100% disk usage most of the time even on idle, i disabled superfetch windows defender and nothing worked, thats ok but now it uses cpu for everything instead of disk, and it's using 17% cpu for google chrome... and its up to 50% usage, i don't know how to fix this but i guess i have problem with microsoft account from boot up, or maybe skylake improvement in windows 10?, i don't know but when i disconnected microsoft user account and reconnected then restarted, now it's not taking weird usage, i don't know what to do help me please is it because i have low hdd 5400 rpm?, it sometimes have rocket sound when load is heavy, and temps are usually jump from 70 to 90 and so, i appreciate any help, is here any way to delete microsoft user account and start normally?

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Options

There are lots of things that can cause your CPU and disk usage to max out. The fastest solution would be to use Acer recovery management to restore the system. This will remove any programs that may be taxing the system. You can use the instructions at the link below to restore the system.

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29934

• lolkek
    lolkek Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options

Bahaha acer recovery management Smiley LOL what a load of junk. Best bet is to uninstall all of the acer bloatware and strip windows back to the core os with no if little thirdparty software. Check running processes and check the usual suspects liek windows printer spooling and windows updates. I recall and issue I had on the job with an alarmingly troublesome U3 server rack and it turned out to be a memory leak in windows updates.

Contact me if you have any other issues.

• hulen15
    Options

i once unparked cpus and after i had high temps i again parked it, then i thought windows 10 new skylake update was also causing high temps, but nope i reverted to older windows and it's still the same, some games use 100% cpu, only my one CPU using 100% and other cores 20% only, can i make them work all together on same percent?

• lolkek
    lolkek Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options

No is the short answer, if a piece of software is not capable or optimised to use more then one core or one thread etc. it will not and will not be able to do so, and you will not be able to make it so if you had to have someone else answer that quesiton for you.

• hulen15
    Options

okay thanks, and which one is main cpu?, cpu cpu1 cpu2 cpu3 cpu4 cpu5 cpu5 cpu7 cpu8?