0% available (plugged in, not charging) acer aspire 5830TG

Options

Answers

• YD-CHEWADIN
    YD-CHEWADIN Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

MY LAPTOP HAS A NON REMOVABLE BATTERY (BATTERY LOCKED INSIDE), HOW CAN I SOLVE THIS ISSUE, PLEASE HELP

• star2587
    star2587 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hello i am having the same issues with my Acer aspire 7741z-5731 i bought a new battery as well still doesn't want to charge only powers on with the ac adapter plugged in help me? and thanks for the response this is what is on my laptop a gray x on the battery saying battery not present i just replaced it today with a new one.This is the battery areaThis is the battery area

• Pildopr
    Pildopr Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Thank You!...Thank You!...Thank You!..at least now it said charging
  • maggie211
    maggie211 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

(plugged in, not charging) acer aspire V5-571 series

I got try the above options that you have given but my acer laptop still cannot charged

• MyCcf
    MyCcf Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Charitha said:

Hi,

Please try the below steps.

1) Remove the power adaptor and Battery.

2) Press and keep hoalding the power button at least 40 seconds.

3) Connect the power adaptor without fixing battery.

4) Power on the laptop .

5) After logon to the windows, Shout down the laptop.

6) Fix the battery and connect the power adaptor . Now power on the laptop again.

Kindly let me know about the feedback. Wil go for another solution if not sucess. 

All the Best

Charitha said:

Hi,

Please try the below steps.

4) Power on the laptop .

6) Fix the battery and connect the power adaptor . Now power on the laptop again.

Kindly let me know about the feedback. Wil go for another solution if not sucess. 

All the Best

Thanks. It just work on mine now.
  • GaMeR_007
    GaMeR_007 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi 
    one month ago i bought a acer vx5-591g 
    my laptop worked very well until now.i was playing rise of tomb rider but suddenly my laptop turned off. When i powered on it ,buttery doesn’t charging its on 0% plugged in but not charging 
    please help me I realy need help!!! :'(:'(:s
  • GaMeR_007
    GaMeR_007 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Please send help to my email
  • RicardoBlack
    RicardoBlack Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Might try this process to re-calibrate your battery, if you're getting a (fill in the blank) % battery level, "plugged in, not charging" indication for your battery. The system is unable to accurately determine what is 0% charge on your battery, and what is 100%. This applies to most laptops, notebooks, and netbooks, not just Acer. Sorry, those of you with batteries sealed inside, rather than accessible from the outside, will need to remove the battery at one point. Don't whine about not knowing how to open the back, or it being too much trouble - you can have an operational computer or not have one, your choice. ;-) Go on YouTube and type in your laptop info and I can almost guarantee there will be one or more videos on how to safely disassemble and reassemble your laptop.

Okay, here goes:

1) If booted into Windows, shut down your computer completely, then remove your a/c power cord.
    2) Remove or disconnect the battery from your laptop/notebook.

3) Replace the a/c power cord, restart your computer and boot into Windows.

4) Go into Control Panel/Device Manager and look for and expand "+batteries" listed under your computer.

5) Right click on each "ACPI-complaint control method" entry and uninstall each, if more than one.

6) Shut down (not re-start) your computer.

7) Reinstall or reconnect your battery, plug in your a/c adapter.

8) Restart your computer and boot into Windows, which will reinstall the battery software.

9) Check your battery status on the bottom toolbar - hopefully it will now say "plugged in/charging".

10) If okay, you should completely exhaust and recharge your battery at least 3 times to finish calibrating and conditioning your battery.

11) To prevent (hopefully) this problem in the future, go into your power settings and set your computer to shut down at around a 20% battery remaining level. Hope this works for you.

For anybody that might have run into this problem as of late, and not resolved the problem.. I have tried this (twice over with slight variations to make sure I exhausted every possible combination of what could be the correct sequence) but unfortunately no joy,. So i found by pulling the battery out and leaving it out of the equation all together, the laptop will work fine without it.. I tried updating the drivers and everything .. Still no joy.. Therefore, I assume battery is totally dead. The laptop is 10 years old so it had a good run,.. And  thankfully the laptop works just fine by discarding the battery altogether. Don't throw it in the bin just yet.. : D
  • archiehenderson
    archiehenderson Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    If you tried all these suggestions i bet your power cord is loose where you plug it into the laptop and probably broke on the motherboard - check YouTube 
  • harisul
    harisul Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

0% available (plugged in, not charging of acer aspire E14)

i do following step, now what can i do for that reason

4) Power on the laptop .

now what can i do for that reason

• AnPerson
    AnPerson Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    On some Acer laptops there is a micro switch under the ram access cover that needs to be pressed for the battery to work. The battery will not charge or deliver power and the computer will say “plugged in not charging” if this switch is not pressed properly. The switch is supposed to be pressed in by the ram access cover. I just discovered this today after hours of troubleshooting a Acer aspire 5 after the battery stopped working while I was working on it. Turns out the problem was simply that I didn’t have the ram cover installed.
  • solunac
    solunac Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    i tried almost everthing what I find on interner ,is there something else that I can do?
    laptop travelmate 6595 series
    help

• Luck07za
    Luck07za Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Very Bad laptop company new laptop buy today
    Please help bat
  • Luck07za
    Options
    My new laptop z476 0% battery not charging
  • Luck07za
    Options
    New laptop not charging bad company it's my big mistake to buy this pls help
  • Luck07za
    Options
    Battery fixed model no z476 not charging
  • Ky
    Ky Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I am exprriexperi same issue
    Power indicator turns on and off
    After plugging in
    I don't know how to remove battery 
    can you plz help me.

• PeppyZip
    PeppyZip Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I am experiencing a similar issue with an Acer Aspire One 725-0802 netbook that I recently inherited from my daughter.  She is in grad school and hasn't used the netbook is a few years.  I installed Lubuntu 16.0.4 as I prefer the Linux OS over Windows.  First thing I noticed was that the original stock battery was completely dead.  The Linux power manager indicated that it was "charging", but level would not jump above 0%.  Figured the L-ion battery had slowly died from lack of use so I ordered a replacement from Amazon.  The replacement charged to 100% but would consistently die when charge level dropped below 65% with no warning.  Ordered a second replacement from Amazon only to find that the second battery would not charge at all.  Again, power manager indicated it was "charging", but no increase in percentage.  As soon as I unplugged the PC from AC I would lose power.  The orange LED indicates the battery is charging with power power off and AC plugged in, but it goes dark after a few hours without changing to blue to indicate a charged battery.  Also tried charging for several hours with the netbook booted to BIOS, but no luck.  Cleaning the battery contacts on the netbook with de-oxidation spray also failed to yield results.

It's entirely possible that I got two bad batteries in a row.  What's strange is that two supposedly new replacement batteries from two different Amazon vendors would cause two distinctly different issues.  Suffice to say both batteries are going back to Amazon for refund.  I'm a little apprehensive to order yet a third battery at this point just to run into the same issues.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
  • robnfranks
    robnfranks Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    This laptop is too slow. I bought the 4gb variant i cant even use it properly. Too laggy im jusjust even using excel...

Playground

• rjh12123
    rjh12123 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    ALTERNATE SOLUTION - battery needs to be fully drained, then recharged, and thus recalibrated to the operating system.

I had this same issue on my Acer Aspire ES1-711 laptop with "non-removable battery" - system reported battery at "0% plugged in, not charging". However this proved to be a software/operating system issue and the battery was fine (I was still able to boot and operate Windows 8 with my AC adapter disconnected).

I tried every solution recommended on various forums from Acer to HP to Dell - most of which focused around uninstalling the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" driver, disconnecting the battery, discharging residual power, rebooting, etc. My laptop's battery is "non-removable" so I even removed the bottom of the laptop case to inspect the battery and attempt solutions requiring battery removal (cable disconnect, rather than using the pinhole button on this laptop model). NONE OF THE COMMON SOLUTIONS WORKED FOR ME, though it's possible they played a role in part since I did attempt them first. I'll add a note about that at the end. 

WHAT WORKED FOR ME:
    - change power settings in Control Panel to not shutdown/sleep/hibernate on battery power, then set critical battery power shutdown to 5% so battery can nearly fully drain.
    - [OPTIONAL 2nd STEP] This might be the time to uninstall the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery Driver in Device Manager - DO NOT SCAN FOR HARDWARE CHANGES AFTER DRIVER UNINSTALL COMPLETES
    - disconnect AC adapter - Windows might shutdown/sleep/hibernate immediately if it thinks your battery is low/critical, if so leave AC adapter disconnected then reboot and run on remaining battery power (even if meter reports 0% as mine did). If Windows did shutdown/sleep and you had to reboot, the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery Driver may reinstall itself upon reboot. Check Device Manager to confirm it is still uninstalled or uninstall again if necessary. 
    - let battery discharge to 5% and Windows shutdown automatically. I recommend leaving it shutdown and disconnected from the AC adapter for an additional hour. 
    - reconnect the AC adapter and allow the battery to charge with the laptop still powered OFF for about 2 hours or until mostly charged. 
    - [SECONDARY ISSUE] At this point I actually booted to a BSOD with error code 0xc000021a and had to resolve that issue separately before I could boot to Windows normally to check on the battery issue. If you have this issue as well, my solution was to tap F8 at boot to get to the Start-up Recovery Menu, booted in Safe Mode, ran Command Prompt and scheduled Chkdsk c: /r for next boot, then rebooted. After chkdsk completed I was able to boot to Windows 8 normally.
    - Boot to Windows normally and the battery should now be charging and reading correctly in the system tray. 

As I mentioned, I had tried a variety of commonly suggested solutions before draining/charging/recalibrating my battery seemed to be the correct solution. Consider adding parts of those solutions to your method as well if you still have issues and are certain both your battery and AC adapter are not defective.