0% available (plugged in, not charging) acer aspire 5830TG

premd915
premd915 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives

Battery not functioning. Orange light goes off and on when plugged in. Only comes on with AC adaptor plugged in but battery has no effect. Please let me know what should i do. This problem has been occuring from the past 7 days. Need immediate help.

Best Answer

• Charitha
    Charitha Member Posts: 131 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Hi,

Please try the below steps.

1) Remove the power adaptor and Battery.

2) Press and keep hoalding the power button at least 40 seconds.

3) Connect the power adaptor without fixing battery.

4) Power on the laptop .

5) After logon to the windows, Shout down the laptop.

6) Fix the battery and connect the power adaptor . Now power on the laptop again.

Kindly let me know about the feedback. Wil go for another solution if not sucess. 

All the Best

Answers

• Charitha
    Answer ✓

Hi,

Please try the below steps.

1) Remove the power adaptor and Battery.

2) Press and keep hoalding the power button at least 40 seconds.

3) Connect the power adaptor without fixing battery.

4) Power on the laptop .

5) After logon to the windows, Shout down the laptop.

6) Fix the battery and connect the power adaptor . Now power on the laptop again.

Kindly let me know about the feedback. Wil go for another solution if not sucess. 

All the Best

• freespace
    freespace Member Posts: 4 New User
    Charita I'm also experiencing the same problem with my notebook. I've followed your instructions nothing hss happened.
  • freespace
    Please reply ASAP if you can.
  • freespace
    Charita sorry I spoke to early. .my battery is fine now thanx. Xoxo
  • Charitha
    Hi I'm sorry delay to reply. So how did the problem solve? Happy to hear that ... Smiley Happy
  • freespace
    I followed your instructions. ..Once again thank you. Mwash
  • Charitha

Hi Friend..

I'm really happy that I could help you in your difficulties... Smiley Happy 

Byeee Have a nice day..

Thanks 

• javy_r78
    javy_r78 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello Charitha, I'm having the same problem. I followed the above steps twice and it didn't work on my laptop. Do you know of any solutions?
  • Charitha

Hi Javy

I'm sorry dear friend, If it cannot solve by following the above steps, it has to be replaced the battery. Please note that fix and check the battery before pay for it. Because I have seen some of these kind of issue happened due to Main board issues. But it is very rare. 

Thanks 

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Javy, there is a tiny chance that this slight variation will work. Remove the battery and power cord, and hold the power button down for sixty seconds. Without turning it back on, re-install the battery and power cord and turn it on. If this doesn't work, then it is either a battery failure or a charger failure.

• Rampaul
    Rampaul Member Posts: 1 New User

Even I am facing a similar issue with my Acer Aspire 5738ZG laptop. When I keep this laptop on charging then it will not charge the first time but after keeping it plugged for half and hour it will start to charge. I also tried to follow the solutions given on this forum http://forums.techarena.in/portable-devices/1361580.htm but it didnt work for me. Do you have any other ideas? Thanks
  • sarfaraz330
    sarfaraz330 Member Posts: 1 New User

plz give me solution my acer aspire 5830 tg laptop battery is 100% charged but not power on

plz give  me solution battery without remove because in my acer aspire 5830 tg battery inside the laptop i cant open my laptop bcoz i have no idea 

Battery not functioning. Orange light goes off and on when plugged in. Only comes on with AC adaptor plugged in but battery has no effect

thanks

• Ac3rluv
    Ac3rluv Member Posts: 1 New User

I am also having the same problem , the orange light on my laptop blinks instead of being still and the battery charges intermittently and never the charge never goes above 0% ...I have tried the two suggestions from this thread and neither of them have worked so ...

Can anyone please help me ?

My battery life was around 2.5 hours before this problem started happening and the latop is 1.5 years old acer aspir v5-571.

• JaelyN_
    JaelyN_ Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi! I tried your method but it doesnt work.. Maybe it's because i dont have an external battery? Do you have another method? Im using Aspire V5 - 473PG. Thanks!

• FasihFirdaus
    FasihFirdaus Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,

I got same problem as mentioned in this topic.

I've tried the step like what you told however, it's still not working.

My battery's 0% available and is not charging.

what can I do abou it?

Is there another solution?

• tmgrood
    tmgrood Member Posts: 1 New User

This is exactlyy why I do not buy Acer products anymore.

Here they have an obvious problem and no one in the technical department has checked these community forums to see what problems their consumers are having with their products and coming up with solid solutions.

All we have here are community members trying to figure out the fix which may work for some but not others.

It's as if once you buy an Acer product you are on your own if you have problems.

Asus is now the manufacturer of my electronics products.

• helicopper
    helicopper Member Posts: 1 New User

Might try this process to re-calibrate your battery, if you're getting a (fill in the blank) % battery level, "plugged in, not charging" indication for your battery. The system is unable to accurately determine what is 0% charge on your battery, and what is 100%. This applies to most laptops, notebooks, and netbooks, not just Acer. Sorry, those of you with batteries sealed inside, rather than accessible from the outside, will need to remove the battery at one point. Don't whine about not knowing how to open the back, or it being too much trouble - you can have an operational computer or not have one, your choice. ;-) Go on YouTube and type in your laptop info and I can almost guarantee there will be one or more videos on how to safely disassemble and reassemble your laptop.

Okay, here goes:

1) If booted into Windows, shut down your computer completely, then remove your a/c power cord.
    2) Remove or disconnect the battery from your laptop/notebook.

3) Replace the a/c power cord, restart your computer and boot into Windows.

4) Go into Control Panel/Device Manager and look for and expand "+batteries" listed under your computer.

5) Right click on each "ACPI-complaint control method" entry and uninstall each, if more than one.

6) Shut down (not re-start) your computer.

7) Reinstall or reconnect your battery, plug in your a/c adapter.

8) Restart your computer and boot into Windows, which will reinstall the battery software.

9) Check your battery status on the bottom toolbar - hopefully it will now say "plugged in/charging".

10) If okay, you should completely exhaust and recharge your battery at least 3 times to finish calibrating and conditioning your battery.

11) To prevent (hopefully) this problem in the future, go into your power settings and set your computer to shut down at around a 20% battery remaining level. Hope this works for you.

• Adammmm
    Adammmm Member Posts: 6 New User

I followed the steps in this thread and successfully solved the "plugged in, not charging" message but the battery still wont charge past 1%. Note that I have already replaced the battery with a brand new one and still no luck.

• nhadzlmk26
    nhadzlmk26 Member Posts: 1 New User

my laptop is not charging problem plugged in not charging??

• angelrafer0216
    angelrafer0216 Member Posts: 1 New User

I have the same problem here in mya laptop. I do follow the steps but it doesn't work. I changed the battery two times. But still the same. what should I do?