install dvd

donald2
donald2 Member Posts: 4 New User

Have 2 Acers. V5-571 (no P) and V5-572P.

571 has DVD drive. 572P has no DVD drive. Can I put the 571 DVD into the 572P?

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder

Hi Donald!

If you mean can you use the optical drive of the one to load programs/data on to the other laptop without the optical drive, then yes - it can be done over a network. See here on how to do so.

If you mean, can you physically remove the drive from the one laptop to the other, they answer is maybe -  if the motherboard has an optical drive connection. You will also need to cut the laptops casing to fit it, and even then, it may not necessary fit - the mobo connection (if it has one) could be in a different place! There will also be no way of securing it. Plus it will invalidate any warranty.

The best option is to either use the first suggestion, or to buy an external optical drive and connect via USB.

• donald2

Yes, I mean physically. So, I guess I must look at both laptop motherboards together to see if the 572P has the same connection spot & room area. If not, then can I switch the 572P's touchscreen w/1920x1080 resoulution to the 571 non-touch w/1366x768 resolution laptop? I'm trying to have it all in 1 laptop. I5, 750 HD, 8 RAM, touchscreen, 1920x1080 resolution.

• finlux

Yes, check out the mobos.

As for swapping the panel, it MAY be possible, although it might be a lot of hassle. You might be better off selling the two laptops and putting the money towards the one you really want...

• donald2

I want a thin laptop I5 or I7, with DVD, touchscreen, 1920x1080 resolution, 8 RAM, 500 or 750HD. Acer does not sell any that way.

• finlux

Ah, that's a shame!

Well, it's not an impossible task. As long as you're up to it. Good luck Smiley Happy

This discussion has been closed.