Ultra-Thin

Topic

Visitor
katjacks

Touchscreen Not Working windows 8.1

I've had my Acer Aspire v-5 571p since the summer.  I've had a few problems with it but today the touchscreen stopped responding properly.  I upgraded to Windows 8.1 last week with no problems.  Even the touchpad is off as well.  I can't swipe over on the right to display the charms.  I can't close a window in IE.  I had tremendous problems navigating this site with both avenues being unresponsive and decided to just ask a question.  I have updates turned on; ran virus scan just in case.  Please help.

ACE Pioneer
finlux

Re: Touchscreen Not Working windows 8.1

Hi katjacks

There seems to be quite a few problems that the Windows 8.1 update is causing.

Check out the Acer support site to see if there are any updated drivers for your laptop.

The only advice I can give is to backup all your files and reinstall Windows 8 from your recovery partition
Visitor
MonitorThis

Re: Touchscreen Not Working windows 8.1

What's the story already with releasing a proper driver for Windows 8.1, which has been on the market for a number of months.  We all read that manufacturers get preview copies of OS upgrades.   It's really about time!

Getting advice to re-install Windows 8.0 is ridiculous.

I love the monitor,  but I am greatly disappointed in customer support.   Don't market monitors as being compatible when they clearly are not.  

I have no touch capability with 8.1 currently.   I occasionally do, after temporarily unplugging the USB connector, but it's hit or miss.

Not too sure I would buy another Acer monitor.

Visitor
dladouceur

Re: Touchscreen Not Working windows 8.1 - ASPIRE S7 391

EVER SINCE WINDOWS 8.1 TOUCH SCREEN STOPPED WORKING - USB 3.0 / 2.0 ISSUES

ACER YOU NEED TO FREAKIN STEP UP AND ADDRESS THIS - OR I WILL RETURN THE PIECE OF CRAP AND YOU WILL GIVE ME A NEW ONE.

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Long time Acer Community member and leader Padgett has reached a new milestone of 1500 posts helping and guiding others to solution. Please join me in congratulating Padgett on this accomplishment.

ACE Pioneer

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: