Black screen

Options
gemeon
gemeon Member Posts: 2 New User
2 days ago i was installing a game the installation is almost finished but my laptop got a sudden blue screen and i tryed installing for the second time but same as before blue screen at installing the vcr sp 2008 (dint remember the actual name but the sp and 2008 are there ) restarted my laptop i got tired of the blue screen so i dint install the game and the is still working normally but the next day boom black screen but i used a external monitor and it works but there are horizontal line .

And the same days i managed to get it work on the laptop no horizontal line on the laptop but after opening a game sudden white square screen for 2 seconds and black screen for 2 seconds and back to square one black screen on laptop

Then the day i removed the hard disk and its ok but there horizontal line and colour line pls help me

My laptop spec: acer 4820tg

4 gb 2x2 kingston and samsung
I5-460m
Ati radeon hd 5650mobility

https://imageshack.com/i/nh8fdej
After i pulled out the hdd
After shutting down my laptop black screen is back this time without or with hdd still black screen

Sorry about my bad english

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Hello gemeon,

It sounds like you have done some good troubleshooting. The issue you are describing could be hardware or software related. If it is hardware related, it can be the graphics card, LCD or LCD cable and would require service.

When you power the computer on do you see the Acer logo? If so try entering safe mode and uninstall your graphics driver, then reboot and load windows normally. If you get video, then go online and download the video driver for your product from our support site.

If you do not get an Acer logo, then it is more likely to be a hardware issue possibly.

This discussion has been closed.