Aspire S7 keyboard lighting and key paint/coating problem.

Options
wrable
wrable Member Posts: 14 New User

Hi All, I am wondering if it is possible to turn the keyboard lights on and keep them on. I understand about the FI/FU function but want to keep the lights on. Also, on my six month old unit, several of the keys have the paint/coating that has worn off. Anyone else had this problem? Is it possible to get replacement keys? Thanks

Answers

• HK53T
    HK53T Member Posts: 767 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options

dont think there are replacment keys only whole keyboard. have to call service to ask for keyboard?

• ejwarner
    ejwarner Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hello,

I have this exact same problem - they paint is coming off my several of my keyboard keys.  My computer is less than 6 months old.  I would imagine that I will eventually not be able to see the letters.  Has anyone found resolution for this?  I called Acer and they could not help me because it was considered a "cosmetic"problem.  Regardless, this seems to be a quality issue.  This should never happen to a brand new computer. 

• wrable
    Options

I am still dealing with this. They admitted that it wasn't "cosmetic" as not being able to see the keys name obviously poses a problem. Acer has been of little help otherwise and as you can see, not even the courtsey of a reply herein..

• yynhymr
    yynhymr Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Did you get anywhere with this?  I have the same problem. This is an expensive laptop. It annoys me every time I open it and is embarassing and unprofessional in front of clients.  Thanks

[edited to comply with guidelines]

• wrable
    Options

No they totally blew me off. I've just been coping with it. It does look horrible I agree.

James

• yynhymr
    yynhymr Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Get on Acer Live Chat and get to a supervisor.  The level 1 rep refused to help and insisted the supervisor would give the same answer.  But the supervisor approved it with very little fuss.  I m having her send me a new keyboard at no charge, which I will replace myself to avoid being without a computer for a week or two.  Good luck!

• wrable
    Options

Nice work. I will try the same. Thanks and good luck.

James

• wrable
    Options

**bleep**. Wouldn't you know it. Now my computer is out of Warranty and they won't even talk to me. Total Roadblock. Looks like I am stuck.  

• wrable
    Options

Let me know how it works out for you. 

• ejwarner
    ejwarner Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi there - I still have not resolved my keyboard / paint issue.  Good to hear that there may be someone in customer service willing to help.  I am also a consultant and my computer is always with me at client meetings.  Clients frequently comment on what a beautiful computer it is until they see the keyboard and they are appalled - especially when I tell them it is less than one year old.  I have had to bite the bullet and send my system for evaluation in TX for a completely separate reason (random shut downs when not plugged in with a fully charged battery); I have asked for a replacement keyboard - we will see.  You might have luck if you reach out to a certified Acer repair shop locally.  I completely share in your frustration.  Good luck in finding someone at Acer that can help.  

• wrable
    Options

Thanks for your reply. Looks like I am out of luck due to this Warranty issue even though I attempted to get it solved while it was still under warranty.

James