Aspire M5-581T turns off on battery power

Options
bobm628
bobm628 Member Posts: 1 New User

I have a brand new Aspire M5-581T, less than a month.  It works fine, except when I switch to battery power.   Even fully charged, the laptop will turn off randomly... some times after a few minutes, other times after 45 minutes and occassionally right after start-up.  Is this a known issue or just a battery problem>

Answers

• HK53T
    HK53T Member Posts: 767 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options

sound like battery connection problem.  call for service

• athollywood
    athollywood Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I just saw your post. I have the same machine. What was the outcome? I have the same issue.

• daleman
    daleman Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have the same problem, sometimes it shows an X and says battery not detected. Sometimes it says "plugged in and not charging" Anyone knows...ACER please give us a solution 

• actualize
    actualize Member Posts: 12 New User
    Options

Seriously?  How do we all get this fixed?  I have this problem as well.

• jobe1987
    jobe1987 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

My computer is having the same problem. Did any of you all get a solution? 

• actualize
    actualize Member Posts: 12 New User
    Options

Does anyone from ACER even read these?  This issue has been open for far too long.

What is causing this?

Is this a bad battery or a bios/driver problem or possessed by my old Dell laptop?

WiFi - Qualcomm Atheros driver 3.0.1.155
    Bios version - Acer V2.09, 1/17/2013
    OS - Microsoft Win 8.1 6.3.9600 Build 9600

My M5-581T states " battery not detected" most times when the unit awakes from sleep mode (example goes to sleep during lunch) and then minutes or hours later the battery show as detected. Once detected I can unplug AC and be OK.   If it awakes from sleep without AC there is no power and won't turn on.  

I also see near daily events where I close the lid to take the laptop from/to work and the system goes to sleep/hibernate.   It appears 90% of the time, the instance that the AC is unplugged the unit turns completely OFF.   

When I open the lid (wake it back up) the system actually turns on from a fresh hard reboot. 

For the times I do successfully open the laptop without it rebooting (AC plugged in) then it can NOT detect any WIFI which means I have to shut down and reboot anyways.

Please Help.

• buttons252
    buttons252 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I am having the same problems with my Acer M5-581T.  I believe my 20gb SSD cache is bad or on its way out.  When booting up from sleep/hibernate its extremely slow and generally will no longer charge the battery unless I reboot it.  As of today It will no longer charge or use the battery at all.  I believe the battery is good because it had some charge left on it from yesterday but cant get it to use any of that charge 

• ryken23
    ryken23 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Had same problem after about 2 months.  Sent in for repair and same problem again!  I sent it in for Re-repair and finally it is working fine.  they said that they re-seated the computer or something and it is working as it is supposed to.

My opinion is that you send it in for a repair as I did everything but nothing helped.

This discussion has been closed.