[Resolved] Activate bluetooth windows 8 ( epower not working )

Options
Pyr0technicien
Pyr0technicien Member Posts: 16 New User

Hi,

Since i pressed the fn + f3 button on windows 8 ( fresh install ), my bluetooth turned off....
I can't do anything to get it on anymore.Windows settings don't allow me to move the toggle button. If i press the same button, only the wireless goes off and i can turn it on again trough windows setting.
I uninstall all drivers and reinstall but nothing change.

I should be able to activate it trough the ePower Managament, but it seems the software does'nt work with windows 8 Smiley Sad
when i go in c:/programmes/acer/epower.... every single *.exe won't open the soft .... I tried to reinstall it, nothing change, i don't have any ePowerTray in my toolbar...

When i go in device manager, I need to "show hidden devices" to be able to see a bluetooth option.
I also have a " other devices" where i've got a " bluetooth device" that seems not connected.

So what i might do to solve this stupid issue ? I saw someone saying on the internet i have to install windows 7 with ePower Management turn my bluetooth on and then reinstall windows 8. Really ? Is that the only way i've got ( ffs we are in 2013 .... ).

My computer is a acer aspire m5-481PTG ( i took the ePower soft from the support.acer website wich was in the windows 7 part for my pc )

Hope you will be able to help me. If there is no solution i guess i won't use windows 8 anymore, this OS is just killing me !

Thx

P.s. : Sorry for my english, I did my best Smiley Wink

Answers

• Pyr0technicien
    Options

I'm ready to hang myself ... World doesn't want to use logic anymore !
    I installed the uefi bios ( i uninstalled that uefi like 3 month ago ) wich was specify ( not for upgrade ).
    But it upgrade my old bios. No boot ( ofc uefi bios don't see any bootable partition )
    I desactivate the uefi, start again, the computer start and the bluetooth is active -_____________-
    And now if i press fn+f3 nothing happen ! But all the fn keys working fine.

6 hours spend and god came to help me ...

Seriously if anybody've got an idea of what just happened i would be happy to hear the explanation !

I'm off to bed right now.
    Hope it will help other ppl even if I think I'm not sure about it  Smiley Happy

• Pyr0technicien
    Options

I had to uninstall the card today, because i had some conflict bewteen broadcom & atheros drivers so i wanted to do a clean install of the atheros one.

I'm back again with no bluetooth, i'm so tired of this tried all i could, can't resolve this, updating bios don't change anything I installed at least 10 times the athere 225 driver, but still, only thee wifi is working ...

Device manager does'nt show any bluetooth device -_-

• Pyr0technicien
    Options

Easy as 1,2,3 :

Sans titre.png

The fn+F3 key is working great under windows 7 Smiley Happy
    That windows 8 compatibility is ***** !
    No more wifi issue, no more bluetooth problem ! 
    Bye bye windows 8 !

This discussion has been closed.