Acer aspire S7 392 keyboard problem - keys don't register when hit at the edge

josechelpoels
josechelpoels Member Posts: 1 New User

Dear,

I have a new S7 392 and I like it a lot, except for 1 thing: the keyboard.  When I don't hit the key nicely in the middle and straight down, the key hits won't be registrered.  That is not what I would expect from a PC in this price range.  I was wondering if this is working "as designed" or "normal", or whether I have a defect keyboard.  What is the experience of other new S7 owners?

Thanks,

Jos

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

hi...

This could be an issue with the keypad.

If you have a unit from US or Canada, you may also live chat with an Acer technician at : Acer live chat

If you have purchased the computer in any other country, you may contact Acer support here : Acer Global Support

• J999
    J999 Member Posts: 3 New User

I actually have the same problem, which is kind of annoying since you really have to hit the buttons dead center. Any updates on this issue?

• woodenmask
    woodenmask Member Posts: 8 New User

It is a hardware issue.

• Pstew
    Pstew Member Posts: 1 New User

I had similar issue, couldn't really get two keys to work at all.  Sent in for hardware repair; unit came back with note from technician that he couldn't find any problems.  Unit is now out of warranty and same problem is happening again.  Apparently no option but "paid repair". Very annoying.

• adriantoine
    adriantoine Member Posts: 1 New User

Same here, this is very annoying... The keyboard is terrible, I have this issue and the one about the "bouncing" keys...

This discussion has been closed.