Acer V5-571 Touchpad Driver?

AcerinTacoma
AcerinTacoma Member Posts: 4 New User

Where can I get the best touchpad driver for this Acer V-5-571? The only driver installed is a very limited "Mouse" driver which provides zero configurations for a touchpad. Specifically, I'm having troubles with crazy accidental curser touches while I'm trying to type. I was able to resolve this with the Symantecs Elantech driver on my wife's Aspire One, and would like the same configuration abilities here on this ultrathin.

Thank You

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,049 Trailblazer

Hello AcerinTacoma,

What's your windows version?

What's the version installed of Elantech driver?

France
  • AcerinTacoma
    AcerinTacoma Member Posts: 4 New User

The problem is still with me... but maybe slightly less bothersome. I have installed the Elantech touchpad driver, turned either off or to the lowest sensitivity, and still I get the curser erractics whie trying to type. Sometimes it will select-all and cut or erase and I haven't done anything. I'm going to try covering the touch=pad with a layer of clear packing tape as I saw this on the Acer Forum. 

Windows 7 Home Premium

Touch-pad... ELAN ETDWare PS/2-X64 11.6.2.1_WHQL

If you discover ANY helpful information on this, please resond. It can be very frustrating. My wife was doing our Turbo-Tax (U.S Federal Taxes) and she wanted to kill me fo rbuying this Acer V-5 last month. 

HELP!!

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,049 Trailblazer

Hello,

You'll find informations about the troubleshooting of touchpad here.

From experience, the last driver is not always the best!

You can try the version 10.6.9.8 (windows 7-64bits)

TouchPadELANTECHTouchpad Driver11.6.2.1177.0 MB2012/08/31Download
    TouchPadELANTECHTouchpad Driver10.6.9.8175.0 MB2012/05/07Download

France
This discussion has been closed.