Acer V5-471G: Wifi limited internet connection

lumineers01
lumineers01 Member Posts: 11 New User

I have an Acer V5-471G, almost 1 year old. Ever since I bought it, I've been suffering from this limited internet connection. I can't afford to turn it back to Acer to fix this because I need it for my work and I don't have a desktop, so all my files are here. Urgh.

I thought I can live with it, this limited connection problem, but it just keeps getting worst! Turning on bluetooth used to work before, but it keeps on happening now again every 30 minutes to 1 hour.

I have these 2:

Qualcomm Atheros AR5BWB222 Wireless Network Adapter: 10.0.0.209

Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth: 8.0.0.210

Here are the latest in Acer:

Wireless LANAtherosWireless LAN Driverv10.0.0.276251.7 MB

2014/01/14

BluetoothAtherosBluetooth Driverv8.0.1.314251.7 MB

2014/01/14

Anyone who has the same unit/drivers and was able to fix this problem? I can't mess with this laptop so I want to make sure I will resolve it at first try (if that is even possible).

PS: If I update the driver using this connection, or download it first from the website, do I have to connect to the internet? What if the connection drops while installing it?

Any help will greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

Answers

• lumineers01
    lumineers01 Member Posts: 11 New User

Btw, I'm thinking of updating it to Atheros LAN .276 in Acer. Since updating it from Device Manager doesn't work, I'm will opt to download the file directly from Acer website and install it. If this doesn't work and make everything worst, will the "Roll Back Driver" option in Device Manager work? If so, how? I'm looking for ways to install the current Atheros version (.209) I have if the update doesn't work.

This discussion has been closed.