Ultra-Thin

Topic

Visitor
DouglasS

Acer Updater incompatible with Windows 7 pop-up. Windows does not resolve. What am I supposed to do?

Visitor
francisco

Re: Acer Updater incompatible with Windows 7 pop-up. Windows does not resolve. What am I supposed to

acer updater incompatible windows 7

Visitor
davidpowell

Re: Acer Updater incompatible with Windows 7 pop-up. Windows does not resolve. What am I supposed to

Over on another site I saw someone quoting a message in French.  Translated, it says, "acer updater for your version is not compatible with the new windows update".  That fits with my experience: it was after a major Windows Update that I got this message.  I followed the prompts, and got led to an Acer download page.  There was a link for each of certain specific models, and one general one for the rest.  I took the latter, as my machine model (5750G) was not listed.  It has not worked; I am getting spontaneous "hangs" now.  I didn't get a chance to explicitly apply the update; not sure whether this actually happened.  (Perhaps it 'hung' before that could complete!).  The component was to patch e-Power management (or something similar).  

Visitor
sassie1279

Every time I boot my laptop this message pops up and it tells me to contact Acer regarding the issue. This started to occur when I received important updates; the update was included in with my automatic updates, therefore, I would never have been able to prevent the issue. I have no idea what to do because each time I search to resolve the issue it states there is no resolution.

Acer Technician
Acer-Blayn

[ Edited ]

Try the solution posted at https://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29568. It should resolve your issue.

Important Links: US Driver Downloads | Knowledge Base Articles | Service Locations
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.
You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.

Visitor
MarcoV

Re: Acer Updater incompatible with Windows 7. Windows does not resolve. What am I supposed to

Acer Updater incompatible with Windows 7. Windows does not resolve. What am I supposed to

Acer Technician
Acer-Blayn

Re: Acer Updater incompatible with Windows 7. Windows does not resolve. What am I supposed to

Did you run the patch or hotfix posted on the link above?

If so, did it install?

Did you get any errors?

Important Links: US Driver Downloads | Knowledge Base Articles | Service Locations
You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.

Visitor
maugs51

When I click on the link , it says access denied.

Acer Technician
Acer-Blayn

Sorry. There was an extra period in the link. The correct link is https://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29568.

Visitor
heathervincent4

where do i get acer updater compatible with windows 7 for an aspire 5733

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Acer is proud to announce the promotion of Philetus to the ACE team. Philetus has been a member since March 2013 and has shown the skills and patience required to be a member of this exclusive, invite only team of experts. Congratulations Philetus!

ACE Pioneer

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: