Ultra-Thin

Topic

Visitor
DouglasS

Acer Updater incompatible with Windows 7 pop-up. Windows does not resolve. What am I supposed to do?

Visitor
francisco

Re: Acer Updater incompatible with Windows 7 pop-up. Windows does not resolve. What am I supposed to

acer updater incompatible windows 7

Visitor
davidpowell

Re: Acer Updater incompatible with Windows 7 pop-up. Windows does not resolve. What am I supposed to

Over on another site I saw someone quoting a message in French.  Translated, it says, "acer updater for your version is not compatible with the new windows update".  That fits with my experience: it was after a major Windows Update that I got this message.  I followed the prompts, and got led to an Acer download page.  There was a link for each of certain specific models, and one general one for the rest.  I took the latter, as my machine model (5750G) was not listed.  It has not worked; I am getting spontaneous "hangs" now.  I didn't get a chance to explicitly apply the update; not sure whether this actually happened.  (Perhaps it 'hung' before that could complete!).  The component was to patch e-Power management (or something similar).  

Visitor
sassie1279

Every time I boot my laptop this message pops up and it tells me to contact Acer regarding the issue. This started to occur when I received important updates; the update was included in with my automatic updates, therefore, I would never have been able to prevent the issue. I have no idea what to do because each time I search to resolve the issue it states there is no resolution.

Acer Technician
Acer-Blayn

[ Edited ]

Try the solution posted at https://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29568. It should resolve your issue.

Important Links: US Driver Downloads | Knowledge Base Articles | Service Locations
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.
You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.

Visitor
MarcoV

Re: Acer Updater incompatible with Windows 7. Windows does not resolve. What am I supposed to

Acer Updater incompatible with Windows 7. Windows does not resolve. What am I supposed to

Acer Technician
Acer-Blayn

Re: Acer Updater incompatible with Windows 7. Windows does not resolve. What am I supposed to

Did you run the patch or hotfix posted on the link above?

If so, did it install?

Did you get any errors?

Important Links: US Driver Downloads | Knowledge Base Articles | Service Locations
You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.

Visitor
maugs51

When I click on the link , it says access denied.

Acer Technician
Acer-Blayn

Sorry. There was an extra period in the link. The correct link is https://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29568.

Visitor
heathervincent4

where do i get acer updater compatible with windows 7 for an aspire 5733

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Please join me in congratulating IronFly who is the first Acer Community Member to achieve the rank of ACE Pathfinder. IronFly has shown a consistent willingness to help others and has worked hard to earn this new Rank. Congrats and Thank You IronFly.

ACE Pathfinder

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: