Acer Aspire V5-571G Bluetooth in Windows 8.1

Options
antonvos87
antonvos87 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi

I recently have done a clean install of windows 8.1 and am having a bit of trouble with the Bluetooth driver.

In windows 8 my bluetooth mouse is working perfectly, but with windows 8.1 my bluetooth mouse won't reconnect with windows 8.1 after I restart.

I have tried all of the following:

1 - Setup my Bluetooth Service as Always On

2 - Changed my Bluetooth Service Acocunt

3 - Changed the version in the registry entry from 6.3 to 6.2

as explained in this link http://www.wiknix.com/solved-bluetooth-device-not-working-in-windows-8-1/

Does anyone have any other Ideas on how I could get my bluetooth mouse woring even after a restart.

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options

Hi antonvos87!

The changes made by Microsoft in 8.1 have caused a few issues with drivers. Check the Acer support site, or the manufacturers site to see if a driver has been updated for 8.1.

• Silver_Streak
    Silver_Streak Member Posts: 11 New User
    Options

I was having huge problems sharing photos from my Android devices to my Laptop since upgrading to Windows 8.1. I had tried everything, including installing the latest drivers etc, but still nothing?? Just seen a post of a similar problem and thought I'd give it a try. It involved just a simple change and ticking a box in the bluetooth settings. I ticked in the Discovery box......"Allow Bluetooth devices to find this PC"?? I then tried to transfer a photo from my Android phone to my laptop, and success, at last!! It might help with my bluetooth mouse as well, which seemed to dropout regularly as well.

All my bluetooth devices were paired and showed on all my devices as being paired, but wouldn't remain connected, even after doing countless manual reconnections and removing devices and reinstalling. So lets see what happens now. I'll keep you posted.

• Jampit
    Jampit Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have the same problem with a Bluetooth device not staying connected. Updted driver 28/01/2014 with no success. the drive settings menu is missing the:- 'Allow Bluetooth device to connect with this computer' option! So I cannot force the connection to happen. Simiarly my phone will not reconnect when it is switched back on! This is very frustrating!

• Iconoclastes
    Iconoclastes Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I'm having the same problems (I have an acer aspire v5).. I can find my devices, click pair, they connect, then 5 seconds later they disconnect and are unable to connect again until I remove the device, turn off bluetooth, and try again.. Then I start over.. This happens with both devices I tried connecting, my nokia lumia 925 and my samsung airtrack soundbar.. I didn't try anything else because if neither of these devices I doubt another one will..

I'm done going crazy, please help!! 

This discussion has been closed.