Acer Arcade Deluxe no longer plays DVDs or BluRay, says discs have an unsupported format

Options
carina_carina3
carina_carina3 Member Posts: 5 New User

We have an Aspire 17" Laptop that we bought in 2010.  It used to play DVDs and BluRay discs just fine, but one day a few months ago it suddenly stopped working and would say "There is a disc with an unsupported format in drive D"  Is this because of an automatic update of Windows?  What happened, or more importantly, what can I do so that I can get the DVD and BluRay playback that I paid for in our computer to work again.

Answers

• freeza
    freeza Member Posts: 1,316 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Good day

Run an Acer Arcade update and also make sure that there is regions selected for your blue rays within your blue ray player.

Regards,

Freeza

• carina_carina3
    Options

I have updated Acer Arcade Deluxe and it is still giving the same error for DVDs and BluRay discs.  It is set to "Region A" currently and the other options are Region B or C.  However, the disc regions are numerical so I don't know if that is correct.  I never have changed that setting and the same movies played just fine in this player before.  "There is an disc with an unsupported format in drive D" is all that it says when I put any kind of disc in now.

• carina_carina3
    Options

I just found the DVD region through the device manager in Windows and it is set to Region 1, which should be correct.  The "Region A"  I was checking previously was in Arcade Deluxe's own settings.  Either way, that is not the issue for why there is no playback.  Any other options?

• freeza
    freeza Member Posts: 1,316 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

To eliviate the fault on whether its the player itself or blue ray optical drive, i do suggest that you test using alternative software..I do recommend that you download cyberlink power DVD 11 or 12 and test.

Regards,

Freeza

• carina_carina3
    Options

Thank you for the suggestion.  I have installed a trial version of Cyberlink PowerDVD 12 and it plays DVDs just fine.  It also played the BluRay menu fine, however, after you select play from the menu, there is no sound.  It played the video fine and there was sound in the menu, but no audio during the movie.

• carina_carina3
    Options

I still can't play BluRay discs.  It will start some and go to the menu, but others just shuts down even before the main menu comes up.  Not any played the actual feature with picture and sound.  The one disc that does play video has no audio in the feature but the menu does have sound.  Please help!  I don't know what's going on with this.

This discussion has been closed.