Acer 4820TG boot loop problem

LMWalker85
LMWalker85 Member Posts: 2 New User

I have a well used 4820TG ultrathin that is getting stuck in a boot loop.

As of Friday, 28 Feb, after putting the unit in hiberate Thursday evening, on startup a quick display of insyde H2 Bios <F2> and <F10> shows, then repeats, over and over ad nausem. 

I cannot boot into safe mode <F8>.  I cannot Alt+Ctrl+Del startup.  It just keeps cycling.

Any ideas or helpful suggestions?  I have pulled the battery out and attempted to start off AC power, then replace/reseated the battery.  No joy.

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon

LMWalker82,

When the unit first boots have you tried getting into the BIOS by pressing F2? I want you to try and get into the BIOS and tell me if your HDD is detected. This can be determined by looking at the MAIN/Information tab or BOOT tab. You should see HDD then a name followed after or HDD0 "HDD name.....".

It sounds like you have either have a bad HDD or the master boot has been corrupted or damaged. This most likely would require repair and would recommend contacting technical support for assistance.

• LMWalker85
    LMWalker85 Member Posts: 2 New User

I got into the Boot menu as you asked:

1.  IDE1    HL-DT-ST-DVDRAM GU10N

2.  IDE0    WDC WD5000BEVT-22 A0RT0

3.  Network Boot   Atheros Boot Agent

4.  USB HDD

5.  USB CDROM

What next?

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon

It looks like your HDD is being detected and you are able to get into the BIOS without a problem.

Next I want you to use recovery media to try and reload the computer. This should format and reinstall your operating system. If you do not have recovery media, it can be purchased from technical support in your region. If you live in the United States or Canada you can visit the Acer Store to make this purchase online.

This discussion has been closed.