AR5BWB222 Qualcomm Atheros Wireless Drivers - 2014 Edition - Weak Wifi.

Options
AtherosDrivers
AtherosDrivers Member Posts: 1 New User

So I read all of the solutions for the AR5BWB222 Drivers for the Qualcomm Atheros (from using the non-supported drivers) from the Atheros.cz site, to not checking the power-saving modes for the Network Driver, as well as in the Performance/Screen Saver section.   Tried installing the official latest drivers from the Acer website.   Nothing works.

The question I have is why doesn't Qualcomm Atheros have a list of drivers on their website?   Yes, Acer should demand Qualcomm Atheros to update the drivers.   They must have an agreement.   Other wifi devices work fine.   But not AR5BWB222.   

We all know it comes down to the driver.   Official driver.   Acer just needs to provide pressure to have the latest drivers from Qualcomm Atheros.

It's a software solution, and there needs to be support.   If these drivers are buggy, then Acer needs to update them *or* tell Qualcomm Atheros to update them.    It's sad that the Acer community has to pick up the slack, rather than Acer tech support.   If there is a ticketing system, I will create it.

I'm quite tired from all the troubleshooting I did.   I need a beer.   Acer owes me a beer.

Answers

• buggypie
    buggypie Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

threads like this make me think this is going to be a right nuisance to fix, baaaagh

• bsc249
    bsc249 Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options

The only solution that I have ever seen work for more than a few days/weeks is to replace the qualcomm atheros card... it should not be my responsibility to put a card in the dam laptop that works.  And Do Not Tell Me its a router problem!  That one really peeves me!  My Lenovo laptop with win8.1 and an intel 7260 network card works flawlessly anywhere I go.  Not to mention my ipad, my wifes iphone and my LG G2 ALL work no matter where we go in the house or even outside in our freaking yard!

I have the Aspire V5 and the One netbook from Acer.  Neither is working right now for different reasons...