usb port problems with my travelmate (i think)

Options
001rens001
001rens001 Member Posts: 3 New User

hello all , my first post here, so i'm sorry if my problem has been brought up before and was fixed , i'm just a bit frustrated right now. anyways , i'll get right to the problem:

a few days ago , i was playing a game while listening to some music that was playing on youtube with my headset. Suddenly i wasn't able to move my mouse (and thus the character i was playing) nor click it. The music in the background also started to sound cracky (is that a word?) . i used my mousepad to exit the game and pulled of the best known trick ever, turning it off and on again. everything was fine then , until the same problem happened again the next day. i ignored because i didn't want to look into it more and thought that it was just some temporarily problem. However, the problem started occuring again more , to the point it fails just 5 minutes after restarting my pc.i tried another mouse , but still no reaction.i googled some time to find solutions , but none of them seem to work : i used device manager to check for updates, uninstalled and reinstalled everything under the "universal serial bus-controllers" section. but the problem didn't stop.the device manager tells 'notices' that my mouse is plugged in , but it still doesn't work.

while looking for answers i also found out via task manager that my hard drive went to 100% really quickly , even when opening small programs like steam or origin. i used cc cleaner but it still goes up real quick. i've got no idea of that has something to do with it.

also worth mentioning is , that sometimes i couldn't even click on anything using my mousepad while my mouse went down again. but that seems to be fixed after trying to solve my usb port problem.

well , i hope that was enough information. i really don't know what i should do, so i'd be really grateful for any solution Smiley Happy

as you can probably tell from the text , i'm awfully bad at using my pc , so be warned trying to explain me even the simplest of things (i'm 100% sure it's just a small problem that i'm overseeing and i'm just an *****)

as i said , thanks for any answer at all , and if you need more information on the problem i'll be glad to provide it Smiley Happy

ps: yes, i know, my english is very bad and i probably spelled 'problem' wrong sometimes because i'm typing really fast

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Options

When you looked at your devices in Device Manager, did any show as bad? I would not necessarily be one of the USB Hubs, it could be under HIDs or elsewhere. I would also be tempted to do a malware scan with something like MalwareBytes Anti-Malware just to make sure nothing has replaced your driver files with something less benign... Also a SFC /scannow from an elevated command prompt wouldn't be out of line.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • 001rens001
    Options

alright , so i checked devmgmt again , found nothing. tried a malware scan , but it didn't find a thing . then i ran the sfc /scannow command and it 'found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them'. looking how to fix that Smiley Happy 

thanks for your reply !

• 001rens001
    Options

and i'm back. after looking into the corrupt files , i found a few named 'driver update' or something along those lines. i used  the 'dism restorehealth' command to try to fix it , and after doing sfc /scannow again , there were no corrupted files left ( aside from utc.app.json but i found out that's just because of a windows update and has no actual effect) . my mouse and headset still continue to  fail sometimes. I really don't know what to do now