acer travelmate P253-E won't boot.

davidl
davidl Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi, I think that the problem started when I turned off the laptop directly using the power button, when laptop was doing something. After that on next bootup it got into the "repair - diagnose" loop.

I looked at some help online and I stopped that by setting the default "recoveryenabled" to NO using editbcd. I also activated the F8 key it takes me to windows boot manager which says there is a problem with winload.efi error 0xc000000f and says OS couldn't be loaded as a required file was missing or contains errors.

I can get into troubleshoot area and tried refreshing and resetting PC but unsuccessful, both times the response was "there was a problem" attempting to do these.

I had made a rescue USB but no success.  There is a winload.efi there - don't know if I can copy paste that one into the X drive / source area.

I guess I have to format C drive and reinstall windows 8.1. The OS was already installed on the laptop, will Acer or Microsoft send me a disk to do this? Will I need the windows product key? If so how do I get it?

Thanks for any help.

Answers

• Alfin72
    Alfin72 Member Posts: 42 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    You could get the recovery media from Acer, But try formating the hard disc using the hard disk formating utility ( you could get it from hard disk manufacturer website for free) the use the recovery media you have created and install the operating system. You do not need product key if you are buying the recovery media from Acer. Make sure you follow all these steps before doing the reset using recovery media. 1. Completely shut down your computer. 2. Power on the system. As soon as the first logo screen appears, immediately press F2 to enter the BIOS. 3. Use the right arrow key to select Boot tab. 4. With Boot mode highlighted, press Enter, and then use the down arrow to select Legacy BIOS. 5. Press Enter. 6. Press F10, and select Yes to save the change and exit the BIOS for the computer to restart. 7. Completely shut down your computer. 8. Power on the system. As soon as the first logo screen appears, immediately press F2 to enter the BIOS. 9. Use the right arrow key to select SECURE Boot tab. 10. Disable Secure boot 11. Use the right arrow key to select Boot tab. 12. Select the proper boot device as first boot device and press F10 to save and exit --------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​----------------------------- Remember to mark "Accept as Solution",If I was helpful and the post solved your problem. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.