acer aspire 5610z help needed please

stylo
stylo Member Posts: 4 New User

Just signed up here and I know I may have posted this in wrong section but old Travelmates are as close as I could find in the sections so I apologize and ask that the staff please move this to correct section for me.

My sons have 2 idnetical Aspire 5610z laptops.The connecter broke in one and my son didn't want it anymore and wanted a desktop so I kept it for parts.Now the display does not work on other son's laptop so I'd like to switch the entire lid (screen and all) from the one that connector is broke to the one where display stopped working since I just cannot afford to buy him a new laptop anytime soon.

I tested display and it is either the backlight or inverter and please tell me if I'm wrong but it seems it would be easier to remove entire lid instead of screens.

My problem is I cannot find a diagram,video or tutorial about how to replace entire lid so I was hoping someone here could point me in the right direction or even tell me how to do it.

I have computer repair experience.I use to be a computer repair tech but did more work with desktops than laptops so I lack experience in this.

Any help appreciated.

Thank you.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

google is your friend. Smiley Happy

look for service manual aspire 5610

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • stylo

Yea I know Google's my friend and when I put in my post I was unable to find anything people would simply know I had already searched everywhere or else I wouldn't be asking for help.Sorry for leaving that out.

None of the manuals that come up on those or any other keywords I could think of find a manual,tutorial,diagram,etc. for removal of entire lid.They only show and tell me how to remove the screen.

Thanks anyway for the google tip.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

the best infos are on the service manual, if it's missing here.....i don't know how to give you further help.

sorry. Smiley Happy

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • stylo

By going by how to disassemble laptop completely and how to remove screen I was able to figure out how to remove the entire lid and switch it out so thanks again I just had to take parts of two different tutorials and make them into one.After doing that it was quite easy. lol