Upgraded BIOS and now Event ID 37 Errors

Options
kidziti
kidziti Member Posts: 26 New User

My P645-MG Windows 7 laptop has been plagued with Event ID 37 errors (processor speeds limited by system firmware), which I suspect may be the culprit in system slow-downs and freezes as well.  The errors in my Event Viewer started on the precise date I upgraded the BIOS from 2.09 to 2.13.  If I boot the PC, the timestamp of the 37 error coincides with the time of booting and precedes the time I log into Windows, further pointing to the BIOS as the culprit.  Upgrading further (today) to 2.14 does not remedy the problem.  There is no downgrade path back to 2.09 or I would do that.

I suspect that this is part of the power management "improvements" in the newer BIOS versions, possibly related to Intel's SPeedStep technology.  There are no switches in the BIOS utility to change that, and changing the Acer Power Options in WIndows to "high performance" does not help.

Does anyone have any ideas about addresssing this issue?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

you can try to flash back to 2.09 editing a configuration file on BIOS flash utility.....but it's all at your own risk.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • kidziti
    kidziti Member Posts: 26 New User
    Options

Can you point me to something a little more "paint by numbers" on how to do that?  The zips are just exe files.  I am supposed to edit that?

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Check your private messages.

I'm not an Acer employee.