Travelmate P645MG dead -- power light won't turn on, and won't boot

JensB2
JensB2 Member Posts: 1 New User

So it has happened to me as well, my laptop stopped booting. Here is what happened:

I was doing laundry and probablz charged myself electrostatically. I touched my P645MG and felt a slight electric shock. Nothing happened, however, as it should: the chassis is grounded. Anyway, later I shut my laptop down (everything still fine), and I went to bed. The next morning, my P645MG just wouldn't turn on again after pressing the power button. Here are the symptoms:

• power LED does not turn on with attached AC adaptor
  • the computer does not react at all (no noises, no faint image on screen)
  • the computer also does not react when inserted into docking station (Prodock II) and using its power button
  • AC adapter still works fine, I checked that
  • I pressed the battery reset button on the back for 5 seconds, no reaction
  • I pressed the battery reset button on the back together with the power button for 45 seconds, no reaction

As you can see, I am kind of out of ideas. Is there something else I could do, besides getting in touch with Acer customer support? Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Best wishes

Jens

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

I don't have any other suggestions for you to try. It seems like you tried most of the basic troubleshooting. I suggest contacting technical support in your region to set up repair on the system.