Travelmate B113-E Stucked in the Acer Logo Screen

marktitus
marktitus Member Posts: 3 New User

My last usage was last last night. Then..as morning came, it powers up but it is only on Acer logo screen. No circles. The F2 and F12 function does not function too. The only thing that functions is the CTRL+ALT+DEL which restarts the system. I've installed Windows 10 and Windows 8.1 in here. So it is a dual boot. My IT friend told me that it is the result of Dual OS. So any help with this guys? Experts? Anyone. Thanks and God bless. Smiley Very Happy

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Dual boot shouldn't really have anything to do with it.

If you have anything plugged in,usb, sdcard, etc. remove it. 

Remove the power and battery, hold down the power button for 60 seconds, plug in without battery and try.

Tap Alt+F10 at boot and see if recovery starts. If not you may have a failed HDD.

• marktitus
    marktitus Member Posts: 3 New User

Hmmmm..thank you for the response Smiley Happy

I do not have any plugged in usb, sd card, etc...

I tried to open the back case to remove and return my HDD but as I opened it, I just touched the connector of HDD to the motherboard I think... 'Cause I really do not know if that is really the connector. Just touched it and close the back case of Travelmate again because I am afraid that I would be causing something.

Anyway, after that. I tried to open my Travelmate and miraculously, it loaded normally like nothing happened. None of my files were deleted. Hooray for that! Thank you, Lord! Smiley Happy

I just wonder..why it behaved that way?