Travelmate 5760 no sign of power

jayjoynson
jayjoynson Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,

Firstly thank you for your help...

I have a TM 5760 that shows no sign of power, no LED when plugged in to wall...illumination, power button does not function....

i have tried both with and without the battery......

I have tried a new Power Supply/Adapter... no change

I have done a bit of research and looked through the Service Manual of the machine and it suggested replacing the DC-in Jack and/or the mainboard... so purchased both from Acer Sparts in the Uk... transferred components fom old board to new board, re-built and then tested with new DC Jack..... still no signs of power...

i have re-seated RAM, CPU etc... tried with an empty board to see if power goes through... nothing.....

did a bit more research and started to look at power/voltage... checked the adapter and voltage @ 19.3/19.4 depending.... checked on the mainboard where the power adapter and that registered 1.50 at the most and sometimes as low as 0.8..... this is the same with the original DC and new one....

any help appreciated, I am technically minded, this isnt just a hobby Smiley Happy

thanks

Jay

Answers

• Willy2
    Willy2 Member Posts: 7 New User

hi Jay,

If do not have a Hardware electronics Circuit of it, it's very bad to find the fault. Have You checked with an Ohmic-Digitalmeter (Range 200 Ohms) up from the DC-Connector the Wires go to the Mainboard or other Board there is really   no Ohmic Resistance between, a bad Soldering Point, etc.. 19 Volts from the Power Supply should be the nominal Voltage no Load is ok.

You check also the Start switch or eventually on some Place the DC-Power Fuse?

Good luck regards Willy a Notebook User too