Travelmate 5742G: continuously restarts

jk010469
jk010469 Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi,

my Travelmate 5742G i5 460M continuously restars. I've try clean funs but after few days problem returns again. Now, if I want work just need use external fun but It is not possibible working in that condition. I cannot use my travelmate out of office, for example.

Maybe update bios can fix the problem? Is It safed?

Another question:

How to update win 7 32 bit to 64 bit? From windows service with my key is not possible download update. They sayd me that windows on my laptop is Acer version and only you can help me. I checkd CPU version and it supports 64 bit.

Thanks in advance for any reply

Nicola

Best Answer

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

A  bios update could possibly help. Bios updates are always risky. If something goes wrong, you could have a bricked laptop. On the other hand, bios updates are posted to fix things that are wrong. 

Download the newest Bios file (if there are more than one, the newest contains everything in the others) and extract it to a new folder on your desktop. Make sure you are plugged in and the battery is charged.

Open the folder, double click on the Bios file and don't do anything unless told to.

Befare you do it, Open a command prompt as Administrator and type sfc /scannow

Let it run and see if it finds anything. When it's done, type chkdsk /f 

It will say it need to reboot  Say Yes.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

A  bios update could possibly help. Bios updates are always risky. If something goes wrong, you could have a bricked laptop. On the other hand, bios updates are posted to fix things that are wrong. 

Download the newest Bios file (if there are more than one, the newest contains everything in the others) and extract it to a new folder on your desktop. Make sure you are plugged in and the battery is charged.

Open the folder, double click on the Bios file and don't do anything unless told to.

Befare you do it, Open a command prompt as Administrator and type sfc /scannow

Let it run and see if it finds anything. When it's done, type chkdsk /f 

It will say it need to reboot  Say Yes.

• jk010469
    jk010469 Member Posts: 4 New User

Great support! Thanks

Nicola