Travelmate 15" type 5742ZG and 17" type P273-M with Windows 10 build 10.0.10586 startup dead slow.

zoeff50
zoeff50 Member Posts: 20 New User

Since about 4 weeks both laptops startup extremely slow, whereby the 7542ZG is slower than the P273-M.
It can take more than 20 minutes before the 5742ZG responds on (mouse) commands in a normal way. The P273-M is quicker, but also significantly slower than before. Both laptops react in a similar way during startup. CPU and RAM usage drop off after a few minutes, but there remains  a high level of disk I/O on both laptops. After the harddisk I/O becomes normal, both laptops operate in a normal way for the rest of the time. Both laptops I have upgraded to Windows 10 a few months ago and both worked ok. My impression is that after the latest Windows 10 update to build 10.0.10586 startup has become so slow. Checked Taskmgr on harddisk activity at startup and found the following (same for both laptops):
Service Host: local system (network limitations)
Service Host: local service (network limitations)
Service Host: local system
are responsable for disk I/O of 90 to 100% during 10 to 15 minutes at every startup.
Both laptops are "cleaned" regularly by running Privazer. Also the list of startup programs in Windows auto start is very limited. No virusses and malware found. Also used Windows Problem Solver, but nothing found. Also done nothing "special" with both laptops, indicating to me it has something to do with the Windows 10 update(s).
Does anyone has an idea?