TravelMate P645-MG disk encryption

Options
frox
frox Member Posts: 6 New User

Hi, I would like to enable full disk encryption on my Acer TravelMate P645-MG. I bought crucial mx200 which has AES256 encryption and was wondering if it is possible to set up full disk encryption with this laptop.

In bios I see an option 'Set HDD Password'. Is this synonym for setting ATA password? Is then this passphrase used as encryption key directly on the disk?

If there is no encryption support, what is the best way to encrypt my disk? I want to use dual boot with windows and ubuntu.

Thanks

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    Options

You are free to set your system up in any configuration you choose, however, Acer does not provide support for installing other operating systems. Installing any operating system that Acer did not provide may interfere with recovery media or other methods used to restore the computer to the original shipping configuration.

For more information on setting up a multiboot configuration, please visit Microsoft’s article Can I have more than one operating system on my computer (multiboot)?

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.