TravelMate B113 not booting with 2x16GB RAM

darkman088
darkman088 Member Posts: 29 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Hello,

I have an Acer TravelMate B113, I'm VERY happy with it.

Today, I bought 2x16GB crucial memory - 16 GB DDR3L - 1600 SODIMM 1.35V CL11.

The laptop didn't start with it!!! Just the power button was glowing blue, but nothing more happened !!!

I immediately thought of a BIOS update - I found a quite recent BIOS version - 2.22 from 2015/03/11.

I did a BIOS update, which went flawlessly, but STILL - the laptop IS NOT BOOTING WITH THE NEW RAM !!!

According to intel - the CPU does support 32 GB !!!

http://ark.intel.com/products/72055/Intel-Core-i5-3337U-Processor-3M-Cache-up-to-2_70-GHz

So, please kindly let me know what am I doing wrong and how to make the laptop boot with 32 GB ???

Many thanks in advance!

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,048 Trailblazer

Hello,

Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

France
  • darkman088

Hello and many thanks for your quick reply!

I hope I'm delivering the correct data - the label on the bottom of the laptop says:

S/N: NXV7QEC007

Many thanks, I really hope that there will be a possibility!

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,048 Trailblazer

Hello,

According to the Acer specifications, your laptop supports up to 8Gb - DDR3 - 1333 or 1600MHz (2x4Gb). Crucial gives the same ones. Unfortunately it's not possible to exceed this memory amount.

France
  • darkman088

Sorry, but this is nonsense, as it has been running for the last 2.5 years with 16 GB (2x8GB) from Crucial!

And those 2x16GB which I bought have absolutely the same design, just that the laptop is not booting...

Isn't the release of a newer BIOS planned ? WHO and WHY the hell has designed hardware with such unapproirpate limitations !! Like... Who can nowadays get by with 8 GB RAM ??? I can easily make use of AT LEAST 64 GB :-((((((

I'm very very very very disappointed !!!!!!!!!!

• pspost
    pspost Member Posts: 11 New User