The battery reset procedure will not solve my power issue. Any other suggestions?

dlyssy84
dlyssy84 Member Posts: 2 New User

I have performed the battery reset procedure by pressing the reset button on the underside of the laptop. The computer will only remain on for a minute or two before randomly turning off. The computer has no issue while the power adapter is plugged in. Any other suggestions?

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder

Hi dlyssy84

See if you can borrow a similar charger for your model (just check that the power input/output is the same). Let it "charge" for a while, then try to run it on battery.

A friend once had the same problem on an old Aspire 5315 (I think) latop. The charger had enough power to run the laptop, but not to charge it as well. He bought a universal charger that solved the problem!

Obviously, if the problem persists, then the battery will be at fault & will need replacing.

• dlyssy84
    dlyssy84 Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you for your response. 

The AC adapter seems to be able to charge the battery (as well as power the unit). The battery charge icon fluctuates normally. So even on a full charge, the computer still shuts off randomly during battery use.

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder

Then, there is an issue elsewhere.

If you're still under warranty, contact support, otherwise visit your local PC store to see if they can help!