TRAVELMATE 8172 WILL NOT START READ BELOW PLEASE

Options
fryreyesonly
fryreyesonly Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Hi Everyone Im new and need help This acer travelmate 8172 will not start with the battery and plug and without the battery and just the plug It is not mine, I offered to help the disabled man in my building with learning how to use win 7 on this acer. He is in bad shape with a leg amputation dialysis stroke - this little travelmate would be easier for him we thought. It started the other day after being plugged in then would not start. I noticed there were profiles on it - I did not know the passwords but new the people who owned the profiles and password etc.\ I was afraid to loose the information in the profiles - or wipe it. This device is from his boss so logically I thought well maybe its been sitting for a while no power etc - I left it plugged in for a few days. He the disabled guy in my building does pt hourly work when he is up to it. I feel like a fool - what did I do - it started a few times but seemed hard to restart each time. I wondered about going into safe mode on startup - but nothing happened it would go right into the login screen. Then it stopped turning on. I need help getting this to work for Harvey the disabled guy here. He just got back from the shocking surgery of leg amputation - he needs this after getting home now from rehab. I need this travelmate running for him so I can show him guide him with win 7 or maybe just maybe update it to win10. I just hope someone notices my help request, you can find me on twitter jmaandfriends but maybe the replys will email quickly to me from here? I hope theres a fix for this-He really needs this travelmate. Thank you everyone &Take care, Hope to hear from someone soon : ) Jen A Waterloo Ontario Canada

Answers

• philetus
    Options

Have someone check the output of the power supply. It might not be giving the notebook enough or any power now.