TMP645 Fingerprint Scanner Diasabled

Options
jenniferlam
jenniferlam Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi guys,

I am very new to Acer and Windows 8.

I have bought this Travel Mate P645M notebook a month ago.

When I set it up, the fingerprint function was working fine until some windows update took place.

It wasn't working by then, I am not sure what kind of update it was but one "discoverable" difference of the Window is that there is power button on the start page. (I am not sure if that will be useful to find out what kind of update it was or if is the malfunction related to the update)

So is it because of the update or is the actual fingerprint scanner broken? Cause I only bought this laptop last month, I didn't think it wil be broken within a month!!

Cheers,

Jen

Best Answer

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

hi...

It seems that your computer has upadated to windows 8.1 after the last windows update.

You may download and install the updated fingerprint function driver  Fingerprint driver update

• jenniferlam
    jenniferlam Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Thank you so much, the problem is solved! 

Can I ask one more question: does my laptop have NFC?

My configuration is i5, 4GB Ram and 128GB SSD.

If yes, how do I activate it or where do I do that?

Cheers,

Jen

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options

Hi..

I appreciate your efforts in resolving the fingerprint issue.

The NFC device is optional for this model. You need to check in device manager if you computer has NFC device.

Open device manager, then Double-click the Proximity devices category, if listed, and look for an NFC device (for example, NXP NearFieldProximity Provider). If you see an NFC device listed in Device Manager, your computer is equipped with NFC.

NFC can be used to wirelessly share content between your computer and mobile device, without needing to send data over the Internet.
  • elvinalmighty
    elvinalmighty Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi,

I'm having the same problem with my TMP645-M.

I have recently installed the Win10 Anniversary updates and that's when I lost the fingerprint function. I reverted it back to an earlier build to try and solve the problem but it's still not working. 

Hope you can help.