Lodging a Complaint - P645 Ultrabook

nordicit
nordicit Member Posts: 1 New User

DO NOT PURCHASE AN ACER TRAVELMATE P645 ULTRABOOK!!!!

My company purchased 15 of these last year because they seemed like good machines.  Sturdy, Lightweight, Great Specs.

The only problem we've run into is that every single one of them developed the same problem at somewhere between 6 months and 1 year.  They begin to switch off, without warning, but only when on battery power.  Plugged in, they work just fine.

So we ship them back to Acer one-by-one, at our cost for shipping (Acer doesn't have the common courtesy to pay for shipping of a defective laptop) and hope for the best.  50% of the laptops sent in for repair come back with the correct diagnosis - Replaced Motherboard, and they work like a charm.  The other 50% come back with varying diagnosis (updated bios, nothing wrong) and then we have to ship them back again, at our cost (Did I mention that acer doesn't have the common courtesy to pay for shipping on a defective laptop) and we hope for the best.

At this point we've put enough into shipping these laptops to TX for repair that we could have purchased a new laptop from Acer, but I wouldn't because it would have to be repaired in 6-12 months.

BUYER BEWARE - this laptop is defective and should have been recalled.

We started purchasing our new company laptops through another organization as a result and we are very happy.

Answers

• Mukansi
    Mukansi Member Posts: 3 New User

I've had the same experience with Acer, but on a different model (still travelmate series though). I wonder why Acer can't completely eliminate this problem