I bought a TM5744 with Windows7, downloaded Firefox/Thunderbird which I use also on My Fujitsu PC

Options
Eduard1
Eduard1 Member Posts: 1 New User

After weeks of use the laptop started to slow down and behave oddly. After hours of enquiries at Customer Care Call Centre I was told " Must be your software that does this." I restored to factory settings and the same thing happened again.

A call to Acer South Africa replied I must bring the Laptop to the Acer approved repair facility, which I did.

After paying an assesssment fee the workshop did the same as I have done before with the addition of some diagnostics (total Rand 700). TM declared perfectly OK. But when the Laptop started behaving as before, at some stage there was a message on the screen which, I think, showed the actual trouble with the unit:"This program has KNOWN compatibility issues with this version of Windows ( Home Basic).

My question is: There must have been other Travel Mates of the same batch with this problem. How come Acer has not picked it up and recalled the faulty series. What is Acers' policy in such a case?

Can someone help?