Disabling and deactivating TPM for Travel Mate P645-S

Options
kaikaii_88
kaikaii_88 Member Posts: 1 New User

I am using TravelMate P645-S and I need to disable and deactivate the TPM in BIOS.

In the BIOS, the TPM version is 1.2 and I am only given No change, Activate/Enable and Clear. I have tried clearing it but its not deactivated or disabled.

I tried using the TPM management in windows and what it does is disabling TPM but TPM is activated.

I have done some research and found that TravelMate P645-SG was able to disable/Deactivate TPM once the system BIOS password is set.

Have anyone encounter such an issue and have tried disabling and deactivate TPM?

Thank you in advance.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Do you see "I do not have the TPM owner password"

You can try this:

To turn off the TPM

1. Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, and then click Run.

2. Type tpm.msc in the Open box, and then press ENTER. The TPM Management console is displayed.

3. If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Continue. For more information, seeAdditional resources at the end of this document.

4. In the Actions pane, click Turn TPM Off.

5. In the Turn off the TPM security hardware dialog box, select a method for entering your password and turning off the TPM:

• If you have the removable media onto which you saved your TPM owner password, insert it and then click I have a backup file with the TPM owner password. In the Select backup file with the TPM owner password dialog box, click Browse to locate the .tpm file saved on your removable media, click Open, and then click Turn TPM Off.
      • If you do not have the removable media onto which you saved your password, click I want to type the TPM owner password. In the Type your TPM owner password dialog box, enter your password (including dashes), and then click Turn TPM Off.
      • If you do not know your TPM owner password, click I do not have the TPM owner password, and follow the instructions provided in the dialog box and subsequent BIOS screens to turn off the TPM without entering the password.
  • TechiesSphere
    TechiesSphere Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

You should try this and and you are done.. 

http://www.techiessphere.com/2016/08/how-to-disable-tpm-in-bios-acer-tmp-257.html

Thanks

• m_zamboni
    m_zamboni Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Hi

are you managed to turn off the TMP? I tried it with the tips but not function remains activated.
    Thanks for your help

• TechiesSphere
    Options

Yeah, It worked like charm for me... You may go through with my article I had written after that on my blog..

http://www.techiessphere.com/2016/08/how-to-disable-tpm-in-bios-acer-tmp-257.html

See, I struggled a lot to find out the solution but finaly it was done..

• m_zamboni
    Options

Hi !!

In my TM p-645-S on bios - security - Change TPM (TPM) State, i have only tree choices:

1. "No Change", 2. "Enable & Active" 3. "Clear"

I have not "Disabled" choice, I do not know how to do

Thanks for your help !

• TechiesSphere
    Options

As I mentioned, you should check my article 

first, you have to enable security password (Set Supervisor Password) then you will be able to change the TPM status to disabled..

• m_zamboni
    Options

Hi

I enabled security password (Supervisor Password), after I opened "change TPM status" but I could not find "Disabled", There are only these choices "No Change", "Enable & Active" and "Clear".

My pc I will think have a different bios, any ideas? Smiley Mad

• TechiesSphere
    Options

Not sure if Acer has changed the way of doing it.. unfortunately I have only one model of Acer Laptop.. hence I cant test it on other models.. Smiley Sad