Aspire ONE running XP

Options
PJ9
PJ9 Member Posts: 1 New User

Since there doesn't seem to be an Aspire board i'll ask here...maybe someone can guide me.  THX!  Aspire ONE that has been a workhorse for a good long time, use it traveling for email and getting on the net...all of a sudden it will not find wifi or hardwire network.   It will not even accept trying to set it up thru the wizard.  I went to restore and all restores are gone no days to choose from.  I know that was working aboiut a year ago as i used it to get rid of an issue.  I amn thinking I have a virus or trojan.  

Anyway moving...since I do not have an ACER XP disc and never did I tried to use another one actullay two from other PC's.  Went thru the process of booting from tthe disc and it spins up.  It just goes along and looks like it loads, but I don't think it does as it does not ask for product code or take me to the repair selection. I have two XP discs one is Home the other Pro...does the same with each one.  

I really like this little machine and want to continue using it, but without WIFI or any connection it is useless for my purpose....HELP PLS!!!  

Answers

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

Did you check in Device Manager for problems ? (Control Panel > Device Manager ) anything with a x or an i.