Any solution for a TravelMate 6493 that shuts down with the Shutdown button but starts up again?

Options
compprogrammer
compprogrammer Member Posts: 2 New User

I replaced a crashed hard drive and install Windows 7 Pro. Laptop works fine until I shut it down. If I use Windows-Shutdown button it will shutdown but 3-4 seconds later it will restart. If I press and hold the Power button it will shutdown but continue to attempt to restart until I remove the power cord then it will remain off. When I plug the power cord back in it again attempts to restart continuously until I pull the power cord and the battery, it will then shutdown. When I replace the battery and the power cord I can start it up normally but again a normal shutdown and it will restart. In Power Option under the Balanced Plan the Power button action is Shutdown for both On Battery and Plugged in. I did find out with Powercfg that it is set to wakeup on device name HDA CX11270 Soft Modem but could not disable it using device name HDA CXii270 Soft Modem.

Answers

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer
    Options

When you start your system I would Press the F2 and enter your Bios. Then in there it should have an area that talks about Wake on Lan and wake on... If you change them to disable you should be ok. I think there is a Missing update and will put you into a Boot cycle after shut down until the update gets installed. It is a MS issue because it seems to be happening more and more after new installs. at times said don't happen right away but after some updates. Some say happens right away so could be just the need of an update. Until then turning them off in Bios should make it work without trying to power back on until you want it on...

James

• compprogrammer
    compprogrammer Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

There is no Wake on Lan, there was a Wake on Network which I disabled but no help there, still restarting after shutdown.