ACER Travelmate 5760 with Windows 10, can't detect external projector

wmsad
wmsad Member Posts: 3 New User

I have a ACER Travelmate 5760. I upgraded to Windows 10, because Microsoft run some checks and said I would be able to upgrade. But now the laptop can't detect an external projector or monitor. Is there a driver I need to upgrade?

Thanks

Winifred

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

when you connect your projector, if you press windows key logo + p , are you able to select extend and check if the projector works?

also, if you right click on your desktop and choose display settings, is the projector recognised?

how do you connect the projector?

about drivers, you try to uninstall the actual Intel VGA driver and then reboot with your laptop connect to the web and let windows update find new drivers if any.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly

Probably Intel VGA drivers.

download this utility from Intel:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24345/Intel-Driver-Update-Utility

run it and check if it offers any new VGA driver.

remember to uninstall Acer/intel VGA driver prior to install the Intel one; you can do it on device manager.

windows key logo + x

select Device Manager

click on display adapter

right click on your display adapter and choose uninstall, select to uninstall software too, once done, reboot and then install the new driver.

• wmsad

Thank you Ironfly for your quick answer.

I ran the the scan as you suggested. The result was that no drivers were found for my Travelmate 5760. Any other suggestions? Connecting to a projector is vital for what I do, so do I need to revert back to Windows 7 which is what I had before the upgrade?

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

when you connect your projector, if you press windows key logo + p , are you able to select extend and check if the projector works?

also, if you right click on your desktop and choose display settings, is the projector recognised?

how do you connect the projector?

about drivers, you try to uninstall the actual Intel VGA driver and then reboot with your laptop connect to the web and let windows update find new drivers if any.

• wmsad

Hi again,

You are great.

It was the windows key + P that did it!

I only upgraded to Windows 10 a couple of weeks ago and was at a client site and time constrained when I could not project my screen, so that the team I was leading and I could work together. I tried all the F-keys then assumed it was Windows-10 that caused the problem and started looking for drives. The Acer webside does not list Travelmate 5760 as one for supported for Windows 10.

But now I am home and was able to project using my projector and the windows key + P. So I am happy.

Thanks again and lots of kudos.

Winifred  

• IronFly

You welcome. Smiley Happy