A friend gave me an old Acer Travelmat 4021WLCi laptop. When I first used it, the computer recognize

Options
jdkroenke
jdkroenke Member Posts: 1 New User

A friend gave me an old Travelmat 4021WLCi laptop. At first it recognized my wireless connection. But the computer was so slow I had a look to see what was going on in the system. It was full of junk, which I removed. Then it turned out that it was missing a lot of drivers.

It wouldn't let me do a factory reinstall, so I reinstalled WinXP. Then it ran great with lots of room to spare. However, it no longer recognized my wireless connection. First off, I see two vertical light on the front edge which I'm not sure are wireless switches. When I look in the hardware devices in the system, it sees a PCMCIA card and says it's working properly, but when I try to open IE, which is all that's in there now, it can't find my connection. It can't even give me a list of servers, but asks about a modem.

Is there a patch that I need? Can anybody out there who has this same model let me know how to solve this problem? It would be greatly appreciated.

Janet

Answers

• philetus
    Options

Here are the XP wifi drivers for a Travelmate 4020. You can try the one for your wifi card and see if it works.

Wireless LANAmbitWireless LAN Driver2.10.03.20041.6 MB2008/12/02Download
    Wireless LANIntelWireless LAN Driver9.0.1.943.7 MB2008/12/02Download