travelmate x349 notebook

rajik
rajik Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi ll. I have a laptop and it does not switch on. It is only one month old, and was working fine before. Te battery was fully charged aswell before I had the following  issue : On pushing the power button, the keyboard lights up for around 10 seconds and then turns off. Try it again, same thing.  With the charging cable plugged in, the keyboard lights up and turns off, and then keeps doing the same thing on its own, ie off, on off, n etc.  Please can someone help. Thanks

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

no, i didn't mean that.

by the way, i had a look at your laptop and, if it's still under warranty, i strongly suggest you to contact Acer support service; i suspect is an issue not fixable by an end user.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• rajik

Hi Thanks for the reply. I have tried the battery reset and it is still the same.

• IronFly

if they are easily accessible, i would try to boot to BIOS wihout HDD and ram sticks, if it's not able to reach BIOS, probably there is a BIOS or CPU issue and this can be solved only by Acer service center.

• rajik

Thanks Ironfly. Could you explain to me how to do this. Do you mean boot the notebook from a usb with bios on it ?

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

no, i didn't mean that.

by the way, i had a look at your laptop and, if it's still under warranty, i strongly suggest you to contact Acer support service; i suspect is an issue not fixable by an end user.

• rajik

Thanks for your advice.