Travelmate p645-s USB 3.0 working at USB 2.0 speed in Win 10 64bit

CrzyNwB
CrzyNwB Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi, I changed the SSHD on my Travelmate P645-S and installed win 10 64 bit on my SSD. I searched the acer website for the drivers and i was able to install most drivers. On the website, i found multiple options for the same driver type, for example: there were different VGA drivers (one Intel and the other Nvidia). As i have a Intel in built graphic card so i figured must use only Intel. But it was not evident for all drivers, for example for Bluetooth & Wireless. 

Although at the moment everything seems to be working properly, apart from my USB 3.0. I have 3 USB 3.0 ports...and i didnt find any drivers for Win 10 on acer website for them. I used the Windows update to take care of it, and their seems to be a generic USB driver installed by windows.

Unfortunately the problem is that the USB 3.0 is actually working at USB 2.0 Speed. I tried 2 different fast USB 3.0 flash USB drives, but checking Crystal Disk Mark 5 tests (and also transferring files) shows files transferring at only USB 2.0 speeds. So please kindly let me know how do i fix this ? 

also ps: my keyboard buttons for increasing / decreasing the screen brightness seem to be switched. How do i correct this in windows ?