Travelmate P453-MG SSD NOT Detected

Options
AeRiaL
AeRiaL Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello,

I have upgraded the terrible 5400RPM dying HDD in my travelmate with a 500GB Samsung EVO SSD, and to come to my surprise the BIOS doesn't pick it up? and after some research this basically applies to everyone with this laptop. I am on BIOS v1.07. How to make this work?

The SSD is picked up when I boot into MiniXP on UBCD from a USB. And I can access it and browse through it.

EDIT: Installed Linux on SSD but obviously can't boot into it because BIOS doesn't detect it. Oh and I forgot to mention the CD Drive has to be taken out or the BIOS freezes which tells me this BIOS is horribly coded and needs a v1.08 for Windows 7 users like me. Getting the feeling Acer hired a bunch of drunks to create this BIOS.

And I'm certain that this laptop was advertised as if it had an SSD in it even though none of the base models had an SSD due to prices, But that page is gone from acers site for this laptop now.

Answers

• RonnieE
    RonnieE Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have the same problem.  I am using an ADATA SU800 SSD 256GB and a ZENITH R3 SSD 480GB.  

I upraded my system bios to V2.19 no my TMP453-MG-53214G50.  Same fault.

[inappropriate content removed]

• AeRiaL
    AeRiaL Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Yea, no response from any official. That's what I thought Acer.

Never buying an Acer laptop again. New models are a gimmick and can't even run linux? Still using the Insyde BIOS/UEFI and have no real Flag ship as of now that has been acknowledged by public. Just chromebooks and fat bezels is all I come across.

Git gud acer

~Sincerely Your long time user.

[inappropriate content removed]