TravelMate P645 Windows 8 Will Not Sleep

Options
metallicamaster
metallicamaster Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Just received my TravelMate P645 today. It is the 1080p model with the dedicated HD 8750M graphics card and 8GB of RAM. So far so good, I'm really enjoying the laptop. However, the computer came with both Windows 7 and Windows 8 abilities but Windows 7 came stock. I decided to use my own Windows 8 install instead of the image that was provided on the drive. 

I installed every driver that was listed under the Windows 8 option on the Acer Support website. All the components are working and as far as I can tell so is the GPU switching. However, a few things are NOT working:

There is an item in Device Manager that is not properly installed. It is listed as "PCI Device". I have no idea what device it is referring to, but I have installed all drivers already so I don't know what else it could be. 

I do not know if it is related, but the machine will not wake up from sleep. When closing the lid or telling the computer to go to sleep, it will go to sleep just fine and the LED will blink red like it should. However, as soon as you try to wake the computer up, either by opening the lid or pressing the power button, the computer just stays blank (lights turn blue like it's trying to wake up) for about 20-25 seconds before the computer just reboots entirely. You can see why this would be incredibly inconvenient. 

Please let me know what is missing! The "Recovery" partition on my solid state drive no longer exists so I cannot just "reinstall" the Acer Windows 8 image. 

Answers

• stanleychan
    stanleychan Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

It happen to my Travelmate P645 too. It will happen once i update my windows 8 to 8.1.

If i stay in windows 8, it work smooth.

• stevey500
    stevey500 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Same here. Smiley Sad No windows 8.1 on P645-MG at all. Sleep function simply will not work no matter how much I screw around with drivers by running the direct-from-intel or Acer supplied for win 8.1 Pro.

I find that if I turn off Wifi and wired LAN in the bios (or if I disable both devices in device manager), windows 8.1 sleep/wake works flawlessly. It's the only windows 8.1 issue for the P645-MG I've found and it's sad it has not been resolved.