TravelMate P246-MG touchpad no longer working after applying "Improve touchpad performance" patch

Options
PHABAN
PHABAN Member Posts: 1 New User

Just recently downloaded a patch from Acer website for my TravelMate P246-MG. The patch was said to "Improve touchpad performance"  with filename "Patch_Acer_2199026_W81x64W10x64_A.zip". I extracted and tried the "SynReflash.exe" program under the x64 folder. The program ran and showed my current firmware version along with 3 IMG files to choose from. Tried the first one and got an error message "Error Code[0x67] Please attch thel og file and send to Synaptics." After this error my touchpad no longer works. Tried to run the program again and it shows "unknown" for my current firmware version.

Tried already doing a full format Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, tried also reinstalling Synaptics and ELANTECH drivers to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

• ElectroZap32
    ElectroZap32 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hello!

One thing that you may do is to re-flash the TravelMate's BIOS again, even if you're on the latest BIOS revision.

I had experienced the same issue after unsuccessfully running the patch and caused the touchpad to stop working. After running the BIOS update and the OS booting, the touchpad worked again and the firmware version was restored.

Note:
    May sure that you have your device connected to power, your laptop with 50% battery life and/or a battery backup before proceeding with flashing the BIOS.