TMP278-M-52UJ What is Launch Manager

mscheaf
mscheaf Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I just bought a brand new TMP278-M-52UJ with Windows 7 Pro 64 from Newegg. It came with no manual or documentation whatsoever.  I see there is a program installed called Acer Launch Manager. Some searching has found some different claims on what it can and can't do and how to get to it. I know I can get to at least part of it by hittinf fn+f3 and that pops up a little dialog that allows me to turn bt and wifi on/off. OK so that's useful so I won't uninstall it. But I have some other questions.

Does it do more than just turn bt and wifi on/off? I have heard it is also what handles all the special keyboard and other hardware buttons (like Dell's Quickset).

I have heard it is configurable, but for the life of me can't figure out how to do anything with it except the before mentioned dialog box. So can it be configured?

Is there other ways to launch it besides fn+f3?

Is there supposed to be a notification area icon? I have heard some people say there is and some say there isn't. I do not have one.

I heard this application also controls other things like launching certain apps when a dvd is inserted, is this true? Does this app do more than just map the hardware buttons and turn the radios on/off? If yes, is this action configurable?

Thanks