Power on problem with Travelmate P645-MG

PF
PF Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Recently after attemting a general driver update I have experienced a problem when powering on the Laptop. When the power switch is pressed the power light comes on and the disk read light flashes briefly, then nothing happens, the screen does not illuminate and no startup data shows. The fan can be heard cycling about once per second and the disk read light flashes very briefly at about the same rate. If the machine is powered off and left for about an hour it will then power up normally.

The driver update was backed out by restoring to a prior date. Still the power on problem persists.

The BIOS has been restored to default without effect. The sytem has been disconnected fully by removing all power and pressing the on switch. An attempt to reload the BIOS from windows failed because when the system shut down it would not restart. After forcing a restart (after waiting as above) BIOS reports "unable to unzip file, press any key to reset". The problem persists!

Any suggestions as to what I might try gratefully received

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

Have you tried to reinstall the operating system to factory?

We suggest you save all your information and try to reinstall to factory to possibly resolve the issue.

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • PF
    PF Member Posts: 5 New User

Yes, I have restored to Factory settings completly, with none of my files retained, but that had no effect on the problem. I have subsequently done a system restore from a backup prior to the driver update again without any improvement.

I am now using the system satisfactorly by using sleep mode and never powering the system off. This is OK till I need to do an update!

Thanks for your interest.