My laptop doesn't seem to charge properly. How can I check if it is my charger's or battery's fault?

Options
TheLegend27
TheLegend27 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello everyone,

I have a Travelmate P as a school laptop and since this morning I have noticed that the LED Orange light that lights up when my battery is under 10% started lighting up when it was on 100%. It kept doing it and didn't stop so I assumed there was a problem. When my battery was on 15% I turned off my laptop, plugged it in, and let it charge. About 1 and 30 hours later, my battery was on 19% from 15%! I googled and tried searching what could be causing the problem. I was assuming that it was my charger because I checked my laptop (which has an internal battery) I smelled it to see if it smelled burnt, but there was no problem, it smelled brand new. (I've had this laptop for about 11 months now and it has never shown this problem before. When I checked and smelled my charger though, It did smell fairly burnt. The night before that, there was a heatwave in my city and it was about 28 degrees, pretty hot. My laptop was charged in, but I'm not sure how any hours it was charged in for being on 100%. I'm assuming that my charger has been fried but I am not sure.

I really need help quickly! 

Cheers,

TheLegend27

Answers