I have a TravelMate B115-MP

Options
AndyoftheAcer
AndyoftheAcer Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello All. New Member. I have a TravelMate B115-MP, this has the touchscreen as well as the usual touchpad am running Win 10. Had this netbook a while now so out of warranty and its an excellent machine, my only complaint with it is that intermittently the touchpad becomes unresponsive or erratic, pressing CTRL-F7 sorts it for a few minutes then it starts again. have loaded all latest drivers. Using an external mouse has no problems. Anyhow being inquisitive I opened the back up and took a close look at the back of the touchpad. I notice that it has an earthing tape to the left side, the other side has the copper contact but no tape. I improvised and put an earth strap from there to the case shielding and it seems to be ok. This makes me think that the erratic behaviour is due possibly to static build up on the pad affecting the surface capacitance which would make sense as it usually happens after a little while of usage. I've ordered some self adhesive copper tape to make a better job of it and to add to the shielding but was curious as to if others have had the same problem?

[subject line edited to reflect new topic]

Answers

• koenr
    koenr Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

We had a lot of problems with the B115 touchpads (we have 150 of those) - same behaviour as what you described. 

It got solved by Acer sending out technicians to update the firmware of the touchpads. Unfortunately I don't have any information about the required version, what tools needed for the update or what so ever, since it was done for us. 

Before the rework we have send about 20 warranty claims in 3 months for this problem, after the rework the problem was solved.

Kind regards

Koen